By dirk on Sep 21, 2016 at 5:46 PM
  1. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Camera brand:
    many/ see my profile
    City/ Country:
    Germany
    Nikon 1 system seems not to be dead...

There is a lot of buzz on the internet about the Nikon 1 system. Some users fear, that because of the announcement of the 3 Nikon DL P&S, Nikon would drop their ILC system, which uses also 1 inch sensors.

Well at the Nikon Photokina booth the Nikon 1 system got still enough attention IMHO. They showed the system (mainly several J5 models) and the available lenses. I could test the lenses and shoot with it (wow, this Nikkor 32/1.2 is really great!).

The N1 system was basically presented in a similar way as the DSLR system. A range of bodies you can try out. Same for Coolpix cameras. Of course there have been more bodies of D500 and D5 available as from J5. By sales numbers and demand, this makes sense for a photoshow.

The D3400 and the action cams got a simlar stand. All in all, nothing exciting about the Nikon booth. I got the impression, that it was originally planned differently. But I could be wrong with this.

Here are some snapshots from the Nikon booth:

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by dirk, Sep 21, 2016.