1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
By dirk on Sep 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM
  1. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Top Poster Of Month

Camera brand:
    many/ see my profile
    City/ Country:
    Germany
    Fuji announced today the new X-E3 model. It has a 24MP Fuji-X-Trans sensor and offers also 4K video.

The hardware of the X-E3 seems to be the same as in the Fuji X-T20, incl. the 325-point AF systems. The AF was improved for the tracking of small moving objects. The price in Europe will be 899.- €, in the US also 899$

Available end of September 2017.

web-2.jpg

web-01-5.jpg

web-01-3.jpg

web-01-4.jpg

Here is the press release:

Comments

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by dirk, Sep 7, 2017.

1. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Top Poster Of Month

Camera brand:
      many/ see my profile
      City/ Country:
      Germany
      So here are some videos to get in the right mood :)

More videos here:

http://fujifilm-x.com/de/x-stories/category/

There is this photographer, Jonas Rask. He is an X-Photographer I think, but writes also some good reviews. So he also wrote one about the X-E3:

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2017/09/07/fujifilm-x-e3-review-the-liberator/?=

And this is a link to the prospectus in English with all technical data etc.:

https://www.fujifilm.eu/fileadmin/c...ujifilm_x-e3_brochure_en.pdf?i&c&o&P&y&f&r&&=

2. ChuckT

ChuckT New Member

Certainly seems to be a lot of Fujis and other than Pentaprism vs Mirrorless it hard for me to see what distinguishes each model.

3. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Top Poster Of Month

Camera brand:
      many/ see my profile
      City/ Country:
      Germany
      ;)

Hi Chuck,

I do think Fuji is doing it a very smart way. The internals are with all models almost exactly the same. That is very costefficient and the users do not care about it. From the outside they put different designs on it so that each user gets the design her/she prefers. XT2 and XT20 for the SLR-type of users who prefer that design and XPro2/XE3 for the rangefinder style. I am in the rangefinder style group :)

Then Fuji handles the different price levels with different features which are in most cases controlled by firmware to be able to differentiate each model from each other. The XT2 gets all features (i.e. AF custom modes, 4K etc.), the Xpro2 almost all, sometimes others months later and the XT20 and XE3 get maybe 80% of the features. The rangefinders do not have tilting screens (that is a pitty), the SLR-type models do have them. Touchscreen is a little bit mixed now. In the long run Fuji will have to offer for each product tilt and touch screen. There is no way out. Competition is too tough i.e. Panasonic.

So I do think this is smart from Fuji who has not that big market share to use more economies of scale in the production. It is also good for the users. Everybody can get a Fuji for a pricepoint he can afford and with a design he likes the most.