DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

M42 to SD14 adapters

Jason,
the paint could also make it tacky and work like glue. Should try stripping the paint clean off. I'd do it on the whole thing just so there isn't a chance of any flakes getting stuck to the IR filter or lens element.
lol I wonder if they have the paint thickness as part of their calculations for the production tolerances... if you strip the paint it might become too loose! lol

I briefly tried scraping the paint from the threads with a razor blade, but it was still pretty tight.

I'll keep trying for a better fit, but I think I'm ok with it not screwing in all the way as long as it can support the lens. With my 28mm it should be fine, but when I get something bigger I'll be searching out a new set of tubes I think.

I have the Polish adapter, and I've had trouble with it before. It was really "sticking"...:angry:

I've gotten around the problem though. I always screw the adapter onto the M42 lens and REALLY tighten it on there. Then apply it to the camera mount. When I go to take it off the camera, the adapter usually comes off the with lens, and that solves the problem.

The adapter is difficult to grip with fingers, and sometimes I felt that my fingers were shredding. So, the procedure above has saved my fingers as well!

I don't have any issue removing the adapter from the camera, it's just removing these particular extension tubes from the adapter :)

I wish that I had seen this post sooner! I just ordered my el cheapo Chinese M42 adapters from VV. I bought two of them, too - we'll see just how crappy they are once they arrive!

Sorry ... I overlooked a first-poster! ... :)

Hi Lazarus!

Welcome to the forum!

Simply ENJOY!

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Well I bought mine from seller luiananda, don't know where it's been made. They claim focus to infinity, but my flektogon 2,8/35 does not nearly reach infinity. I have searched the web but haven't been able to confirm whether the lens is known to have this problem or if the adapter doesn't work as advertised...Anybody else using this lens successfully?

99% sure it must be the adaptor.

kind regards
Øyvind

Well I bought mine from seller luiananda, don't know where it's been made. They claim focus to infinity, but my flektogon 2,8/35 does not nearly reach infinity. I have searched the web but haven't been able to confirm whether the lens is known to have this problem or if the adapter doesn't work as advertised...Anybody else using this lens successfully?

99% sure it must be the adaptor.

kind regards
Øyvind
Hey Øyvind,

thanks for your reply. In another thread here someone mentioned the lens (Flek 2,8/35mm) would not work on SD9 and SD10 but should fit in a SD14. That seems to indicate the lens does actually protrude deep into the camera body...It would just be great if someone who actually has used thie lens could verify that.

Back