DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Greatings from Italy.

I own an old contax 159 w/ 21mm. and I'm waiting to adapt in a digit gear but I don't know if is it possible do that. For journey a Leica 4 or iPhone.

Again a Contaxian! I can not believe how many are still there. This is like meeting old friends!

If you are thinking about switching from analogue to digital, you are at the right spot at Camera-info.com! I have collected some information here in the forum, so it is easier to get the right picture about what is going on in the industry and what you can believe the marketing departments of the different brands and what not.

2017 is a very good time to do the switch. You never got so much image quality AND features to get a nice shooting experience for a "handful" dollars.

Look in the forum "general buying advice":

https://www.camera-info.com/forums/general-buying-advise-the-first-steps.489/

This is a very good starting point. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask!

thanks so much dirk....your words are very encouraging to me. I very much hope I can do that switch. It's been a long time since I don't take any more pictures seriously, hoping to use my old equipment again. I loved Contax and Zeiss cause in those days they really did remarkable things. Then I lost a lot of enthusiasm with the digital camera.

Then I lost a lot of enthusiasm with the digital camera.

Me too. It was very frustrating to see how badly all brands ignored more or less what users wanted. They just did not understand it and nowadays it is hard to find people in these companies who know how to take pictures. So how can they then know, what to do next as a product?

The good thing about your timing now is, that because of already excellent image quality with all sensors and all sensor sizes, the brands are forced now to compete in other areas to be able to sell new cameras also over the next years.

This is good for us. Now they start listening (see Fuji) and researching more, what the users want to have beside great image quality. But the communication from a producer to the consumer has still a way to go. See Nikon for example or over a long period of time Hasselblad.

I appreciate Fuji and Hasselblad too.

I do not know at the moment, what Hasselblad is going for. I was invited to the X1D pre-announcemnet event from Hasselblad in 2016 and had a very good meeting with the then-CEO Perry Oosting. I had high hopes for a dramatic shift in their strategy with him towards the needs of Hasselbald users. The X1D would have been only the first step.

Unfortunately, he resigned a few months later, so I do not know what will happen now again. Lets wait and see...

Again a Contaxian! I can not believe how many are still there. This is like meeting old friends!

If you are thinking about switching from analogue to digital, you are at the right spot at Camera-info.com! I have collected some information here in the forum, so it is easier to get the right picture about what is going on in the industry and what you can believe the marketing departments of the different brands and what not.

2017 is a very good time to do the switch. You never got so much image quality AND features to get a nice shooting experience for a "handful" dollars.

Look in the forum "general buying advice":

https://www.camera-info.com/forums/general-buying-advise-the-first-steps.489/

This is a very good starting point. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask!

"Again a Contaxian! I can not believe how many are still there. This is like meeting old friends!"
I also have a contax, the G2, with 28, 45 and 90 mm lenses. It is a top gear, body in titanium, in my opinion at the level of Leica. In addition, a rangefinder autofocus camera is absolutely unique!
Greetings

Yes, the G2 was and is a great camera. I loved to travel with it because it was so small and light incl. the lenses! I only had problems from time to time with the AF with the 90mm. Sometimes it was hard to achieve the exact focus point for a portrait i.e. the right eye, because you do not have the control in the viewfinder (screen does not change) what exactly it is focusing at. But it was solid, the lenses have an excellent image quality and it was a lot of fun to use it!

It is hard to find a similar combination in the digital world...

Back