Xsync for D70

tom_rains

Just received my new D70. How do I connect my Photogenic studio flashes to this? The AS-15 adaptor says it is not for use with flashes greater than 6 volts.

charlie

You have to use an AS-10. I have been using this on a D70, Coolpix 5700, F4, and a Coolpix990 (and even a non Nikon Digital camera. Works perfectly.

Good Luck

tom_rains

> thanks for the reply. meanwhile this am, I called Nikon Technical Support. They said I could use the AS-15 and that what I read was not correct.

charlie

Tom,

I appologize, after checking, I do indeed use an AS-15, and not the AS-10. It works perfectly with no problems. Sorry for misleading you.

Apul

tom_rains

> Thanks Paul. I am still trying to digest all the menu options. Fortunately, I have been an N80 and F100 shooter for a long time, so I have an advantage in that I already know the Nikon terminology. I have shot quite a few frames so far, just out of the box with the camera set to S and A, of course (no auto). I just need to keep reading up on how to customize the WB and change the ISO, and I know they're in the book somewhere.

Again, thanks for the reply. This is a great camera