DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Canon EOS 300V

G

1. No nonsense little camera perfect for street photography and travel;
2. I like the ergonomics. Perhaps not to everyone's tastes, but indeed it works.

Hi,

today I checked the 300V (or as in the US shops Rebel ti) in a ware house. It realy has a science fiction design!
What I did not like was that the control wheel moved from left to right, which I found not only confusing but bothering.
The back side display seems very usefull.
Most of all the stainless steel lens mount makes sens at last.
The vendor also assured improvements of the focusing points and autofocus performance.
So why should anybody still buy a 300?

ciao

kit lens poor quality. only single coated when other brands are multi coated. need to buy better lens to couple with this capable body.

Hi,
I used Canon AE1 for a 7 yrs and now i am planning to buy a AF camera. i was not able to decide whether to buy Rebel Ti or Elan 7.after reading lot of reviews i decided to buy Rebel Ti. most people advised to buy Elan 7 b'cos its rated higher than the Rebel series, but the major differences i can see between Elan 7(NOT ELAN 7E) & Rebel Ti is the shutter speed of 1/4000 & 4fps. since i decided to keep my budget not to cross $350, i am planning to buy Rebel Ti. plz let me know if i am making a good choice for this price and if there are any othere models for this price plz let me know.I am planning to buy at B&H,NY.

please reply ASAP, Thank You.

I have been using the 300v for the last couple of months. It is a very capable camera, plus light and versatile. Auto focus system is fast and accurate. Programmed bracketing works great. Large LCD display ttok a little while to adjust to but is excellent feature. The lens that come with the standard package are not very good, so my advice is by the 300v body and invest in a decent lens to get the fully capabilty from the body

Hi Jimh,
Thanks a lot for your advise. i need one more help from you. for 28-90 lens... USM technology required ? and if i plan to buy the body separate and lens separate can you suggest which lens to go for better quality since i have no plans to invest for atleast 1yr. is 28-105mm lens ok and the quality is good?
do reply me
Thank You

>It's a great camera for me as a beginner. Nice features and body. If you want more advance, try the EOS 30. > > > >Clefton >

Hi,
I decided to buy Rebel Ti and i am now concerned about the lens. carry on with the one which comes with the kit (28-90mm) or go for 28-105mm(since people were telling the quality is not good with the one which comes with the kit).
Help me out.
Thanks

I would like to know if anyone here has the file in pdf of the Eos Elan 7e manual. I bought the camera and my manual is in French...

Back