DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

> MP sounds like a brilliant camera: would love to hear how you find it!

hello people,
I am using a nikon F90-X (I think its S-90 in USA) and would like to change this by going to telemetric system.
Dont know what is the best choice between Contax G2, M7 and Konica Hexar ? Would love M7 but so expensive... If someone knows Hexar and M7, any feeling about would be welcome. Thanks.

Why don't you try the Contax G1? You can buy them cheap cheap cheap and they take the same lenses as the G2. They are also smaller.

You have to get used to the focus (when you first get the camera you'll miss some shots 'cause you aren't sure where the AF sweet spot is) but the camera is terrific.

"I am using a nikon F90-X (I think its S-90 in USA) and would like to change this by going to telemetric system. Dont know what is the best choice between Contax G2, M7 and Konica Hexar ? Would love M7 but so expensive... If someone knows Hexar and M7, any feeling about would be welcome. Thanks"

-Dana

Traverson

Yes the M7 is not a cheap camera, but it is one that will serve you well for life. The main reason for buying a Leica camera is to put Leitz/Leica lenses on it. If you can scrape up the pennies (well lots of them) The M7 and a 50 and 35mm lens is all the camera gear you will need for the rest of your life.

go for it, Craig

[Hey there. I know Hexar because I own one. I use M2 Leica's (I have three) for at least 30+ years. When I bought my Hexar and shot some film I was amazed to see the quality of B&W and color enlargements (30x40 cm). If you use the right film (I use only T-Max 400 and develop it myself in T-Max developer) nobody can tell the difference, color work is done for me in a lab. I use the Hexar for two reasons: one; if I have to be "invisible", two; if I have to shoot in color, because my Leica lenses are not color corrected- they are very old (early 50's), so if you are not able or willing to spend a fortune on a Leica, buy a Hexar, you won't be dissapointed george]

I think the reason Leica is expensive is a marketing positioning issue. Personnelly, will go for Contax, a comparable quility with a completly different price!

>>>>Posted by Benjamin Wang on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 4:10 am:

>>>>I think the reason Leica is expensive is a marketing positioning >>>issue. Personnelly, will go for Contax, a comparable quility with a >>>>completly different price!

Oh, so you go to the Mercedes Forum, and say, "I think the reason Mercedes is expensive is a marketing positioning issue. Personnelly, will go for Toyota, a comparable quility with a completly different price!"

Give me a break Benjy!! Just admit you are a cheapskate. There's no loss of face in that. That's why Contax has a business. Why don't you get a Voigtlander? Good quality with even less price. Or maybe a one-time-use camera. You probably buy sushi on the buffet instead of off the menu.

Why are you even in a Leica forum if you have that kind of comment?

Sonny http://www.sonc.com

"Give me a break Benjy!! Just admit you are a cheapskate. There's no loss of face in that. That's why Contax has a business. Why don't you get a Voigtlander? Good quality with even less price. Or maybe a one-time-use camera. You probably buy sushi on the buffet instead of off the menu."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds too hash.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- "Why are you even in a Leica forum if you have that kind of comment?" ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I may post the same question, anyway.

>>>Sounds too hash. >>>"Why are you even in a Leica forum if you have that kind of comment?" >>>I may post the same question, anyway.

Why should I not be harsh to someone who does not care for being polite? We call that a troll, and a troll has an ugly face.

S.

Back