DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

I feel inclined to jump in here on the weight issue.
happy.gif
I understand that according to Contax and Leica weights there is a debate, however, I have to chuckle to myself when reading anything having to do with heavy weight issues and these two cameras.

After too many years of wedding photography with Canon bodies and USM 28-70 and 17-35 lenses, with a bracket and a QT2 flash plus a flash battery hanging on a strap over my shoulder and some 15 to 20 rolls of film in my pockets, I would suggest that anyone who has issues with the weight of Contax or Leica borrow my wedding setup for the same length of time it is in my hands per job (4 to 12 hours) and then see how lite Leica and Contax really are? My sister would offer the same with her blad setup.
happy.gif
I could probably carry, what something like, 6 to 10 Leica set ups to equal this ONE set up on the job weight?

I really look forward to using Leica, ANY of the lenses, because of the quality and quietness but largely because of how much less weight I will carry and how much less stress to my aging body while working.

I apoligize in advance for hurting any feelings. Cathy in Atlanta

> [I really don't want understand the discussion about the weight of Contax vs Leica system. What is it for? More/Less weight in the two systems make difference in picture quality? I work 12 hours a day with my Leica equipment on my shoulders and in my hands and I'm scared about the day my chief in social assistance documentation or my gallerist for landscape photgraphy will tell "You must use an Hasselblad equipment". But looking to all computations maybe I've been a stupid until today... How much useless grams in my bag! If only I've use a Contax!!! Please, let's talk about something serious... Hope I have not hurted anyone, Stefano. P.S. Only few words Cathy... You're great!!! Sincerly, Stefano.]

Thank you Stefano for the kind words and I agree with you.
happy.gif
Cathy in Atlanta

Anyone interested in the m7 really ought to read Jonathan Eastland's M7 Handbook. He rates it well but it is the hints and tips to get the best out of it which is invaluable. I think it is available from amazon Rob Clayton Englamd

> [.Hi Rob , Thanks for this alert - I checked out Amazon but could not pinpoint this book - do you have the USB Number? Thanks

Joseph Low

Does anyone know whether Leica will release an M7 chrome body with .58 eyepiece? I think that for me and for use of 35mm and 50 mm lens that this is the best combination.

Thanks,
Geoffrey Hamill

Back