DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Zeiss ZF lenses

patrik

Hi,

I browsed the Zeiss website today and found out that they are releasing 4 new ZF lenses, 25/2.8, 35/2, 50/2 Makro and 100/2 Makro.

The 50/2 Makro seems interesting, this lens will replace my Nikkor AIS 55/2.8 Micro.

I noticed that the design of the ZF Distagon 25/2.8 is new. The C/Y design has 8 elements in 7 groups and the new ZF design has 10 elements in 8 groups. It should be very interesting to see the performance of this lens, especially on a Canon FF DSLR body.

I take it that the mislabled and incorrectly pictured ZV chrome MF lenses are for Hasselblad V series cameras?

WOW !!! Very cool.

466542.jpg

I would love a nice 35 lens...for my canon that would be as good or better in the corners as my cy 28/2.8.

Thanks Patrick for the heads up!

I published it now in the nEws section, in case the Zeiss site, will be closed again
happy.gif

https://camera-info.com/Zeiss/New_Zeiss_lenses_for_Nikon_Hasselblad_and_Zeiss_Ikon/_Leica_M.html

@ Marc

it is definiely Hasselblad, according to the technical details. Also the images are named for Hassselblad...

I guess this site should have not been visible so early. Whether this leak is by purpose or not does not matter to me. It is now public information and we can spread the news around the net
happy.gif

This is like christmas time
happy.gif

Now Nikon only has to offer a kind of D80 with compatibility to Manual fokus lenses like the Zeiss ZF lenses (light metering etc.) and Sony gets real competition in my view.

Hi,

Has anyone spotted how close the 25/2.8 focusses? SIX cm....

clearly very different to the C/Y 25/2.8.

cheers Steve.

mmmhhh

if we count all ZF lenses together we have already a decent range of primes for the Nikon mount:

Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZF
Distagon T* 2/35 ZF
Planar T* 1,4/50 ZF
Makro-Planar T* 2/50 ZF
Planar T* 1,4/85 ZF
Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZF

6 primes within 12 months - more than Kyocera achieved in 5 years for the N-system.

If Zeiss is smart, they will offer a 12-24mm zoom or a 18mm prime because of the crop factor Nikon DSLRs. Or they could add the 16-80 without AF, which they offer for Sony. But I think they are not allowed to do that. But they could change the zoom-range slightly
happy.gif

Back