DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DP1 Merrill - Isle of Skye, Scotland

Manzur Fahim

SDIM02351-1.jpg
  • SIGMA - SIGMA DP1 Merrill
  • 19.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Can't really remember the location in Isle of Skye, and didn't wanna go through a 300GB archive to find out. I had the DP1 Merrill with me along with the Nikons, and decided to take some photos with it too. If anyone knows the name of the mountain range or this viewpoint, please share.

Have a great day!

We enjoyed a trip to Scotland in April 2019. Do you have other photos to share? Here is one of my DP3 Merrill photos of Loch Ness. I have some Scotland albums on Flickr under my name Sandy Fleischmann

We enjoyed a trip to Scotland in April 2019. Do you have other photos to share? Here is one of my DP3 Merrill photos of Loch Ness. I have some Scotland albums on Flickr under my name Sandy Fleischmann

I have a lot more, will hopefully post them here soon. I used four different cameras, so not all going to be here at the Sigma board ;)

I use a Canon 5 DS too, so I'm looking for a good Canon full- frame discussion group with posted photos too, in addition to my Sigma's. I used the DP Merrill's in Scotland for weight considerations. The Canon 5DS and my earlier Canon 5DIi are so heavy when moving around on foot. The Merrills give detail equivalent to the 5DII; the Sigma Quattro sensor seems to equal what I get in ISO100 landscapes with the 5DS. So they all make a good combo for different photography (and walking) situations.

Back