DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hurrah I have a 35mm f2

vishalvora

Dear All,

Just wanted to thank you for your input over the past few weeks. I have finally been able to find a 35mm f2 from a dealer and its waiting to be used right now!

Just one point, I am pretty sure its a mark 4 but can someone confirm this, the serial number is 3553845.

Many thanks,

Vishal

Hey Jim,

Many thanks - I can't wait to develop my first film. There is slight spot that seems to be on the inside of the front element. I hope this doesn't show up in my photos.

Thanks.

Vishal

Dear Vishal...
so hows yr 'new' 35/2 coming along ? enjoying it ? lets see some great bokeh ex&les....
happy.gif

Peace
TMLee

A question to all Summicron-M 35mm ASPH-users: is there anyone who returned to an earlier version because he/she was not pleased with the results of the ASPH? Isn't it not too contrasty for color work? Aren't you longing for the wonderful bokeh of the earlier versions?

Just curious,
greetings from Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Erik, I love my Summicron-M 35 ASPH, so no plans to try anything from the past.

But how can you ever know without previously owning these older lenses?

Cheers

Hey Lee,

I have been busy over the Easter weekend bank holiday but fear not, I will be in the darkroom tomorrow night, have 2 rolls of film to dev and print. One tri-x and one 3200! I wonder how the lens copes with the grain!

Results to follow...

Best,

Vishal.

William,
I don't know when you started Leica-M photography, but I did in 1971. No aspherics by then (exept for the first Noctilux). The first (8 element) and fourth (7 element) series of the Summicron 35 were highly praised for their image quality, not only in the sharp zones, but also in the unsharp parts of the picture. I am just very curious (not owning an ASPH myself) how people who used the older ones now like the ASPH. I assume many photographers who used the older lenses at least tried the ASPH.

best regards,

Erik.

Back