DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Filters for 35mm f14 blux

lcl

What filters are available for an old (purchased 1968) f1.4 35mm Summilux? What is the specification? (I'm prepared to buy non-Leica filters!)
Someone once told me that for this lens the filters don't screw in, but are held between the lens and the clip-on hood. On examination this seems likely.

> The hood for the old 35 'lux screws apart to accept a Series VII filter. > They can be got hold of quite easily. What are even easier to get hold of > though are 49mm filters from makers other than Leitz. They work perfectly well > too in the hood...and if you reverse them (make sure they're coated both sides) > so the screw thread points outwards, the hood will screw up all the way, > although it's not a problem if it doesn't.

Andy - Thank you for that valuable advice. I didn't even know that the lens hood screwed apart. I've only had it 35 years!

btw - That lens is still my favourite. Small light inconspicuous and fast. Ideal for indoor available light work.

Alex

You see Alex, Rule of Life #13: See if it will come apart.
The old 35 'lux has been my favourite Leica lens for many many years.

You see Alex, Rule of Life #13: Don't care what it is: see if it will come apart.
The old 35 'lux has been my favourite Leica lens for many many years.

The brand you get will depend on which filter you need. If you are looking for a UV filter, both B&W and Heliopan are excellent Hoya too.
If you are looking for a particular color,find the color you need among those three companies and you won't go wrong.

Back