DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

my contax AX don't focus to infinity

gillou

hi,
in the view finder, manualy or using auto focus, my AX do not align microprism split screen to infinity. maybe a mirror trouble. do you think so ?

I have that problem with my Canon F-1, though I've never had it looked at. Have you shot film to see if the trouble shows up in images?

Hi,
i wil check to day on film. i 've shot in several positions, and different lenses. in fact, auto focus get in focus at short distance but it is out of focus at infinity.

surprise ! infinity is out of focus with lenses of 50mm and below ,35, 28, 25mm .... the focus error (in the view finder) is worse with wider lenses.
furthermore i check with a second film if there is a trouble of rear focusing. don't know if both problems are closely linked

finaly, it is not a big problem, surely not a problem at all. all images are well focused.

Back