DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

MD lens reviews

G

I have dug my X-700 out of the closet and want to purchase some new lenses - for soccer photography (AYSO) and informal portrait work. I am looking for reviews and recommendations about affordable lenses. I am particular interested in a zoom of ~70/80-200/210 and an 85 mm prime.

I purchased a used Minolta MD 70-210 f/4 lens from www.keh.com for about $100 US. It is a very sharp lens, supposedly the same one formerly also produced for the Lecia R.

The lens is heavy metal construction; it is a one-touch (push-pull zoom) with a 55mm filter thread.

Tom

I second Tom M. I also have the 70-210mm/f4 lens. It is one solid construction and the image quality is top notch.

You could also get the lighter MD 70-210mm/f3.5-4.5 lens. Not bad performer too.

This 70-210mm range can be use to take portarists too from 80-135mm range.

Hung

Back