DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Rotating images

ambrose

I have been trying to rotate images in the camera[coolpix 4500] without success, am I still not reading the instruction booklet...Or am I unable to achieve rotation!!!!!!!!!!

> Posted by Barry King (Ambrose) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 3:31 > pm: > > I have been trying to rotate images in the camera[coolpix 4500] > without success, am I still not reading the instruction booklet...Or > am I unable to achieve rotation!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you heard that this is possible?

Have you found a menu item to this effect?

Just checked an in-depth description of the camera including all menus and could find no reference to it. I have never heard of this on any Coolpix camera, so thought it might have been a feature that Nikon provided with this camera only.

Some cameras - not Coolpix - do have an orientation sensor which embeds the information in EXIF data. However, the rotation takes place upon downloading the images to the computer. It seems unlikely that a file format would actually allow you to do this on the CF card, though I suppose it could be possible.

If you will post details on how you are attempting to do this and what information you are working from, I will certainly try to help you. You have aroused my curiosity.

larry! ICQ 76620504 http://www.larry-bolch.com/

Back