DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Other lenses that fit the CYmount

G

Hello all,
Do you know of any other lenses that fit the C/Y-mount? I'm wondering specifically, are there some old time lenses out there made by other makers (even obscure makers) that fit?

Thanks,
Lynn L.

Hello Lynn, from the good ole days I've got Hannimex 35-70 and 80-200 and last year I baught a Soligor 28-105 for traveling. The 35 - 70 was my first lens and it's quite ok, the 80-200 is hard to focus but for 20 Euro it's fun. The Soligor is a pretty good allround lens which I use often, at least it is better than I am.

Regards

Volker P.S. just read a signature somewhere: "some day I'll take a decent photo, until then I blame the equipment"

> [..Hello Many years ago, I bought a Yashica Ml Macro 55mm 1:4 and a Kitstar MC Zoo= m 35-75mm 1:3.5-4.8. The Yashica is a better lens. Jean-Luc Lemieux..]

I have a 2.8/20mm by SOLIGOR, which was very cheap. It is quite OK, but not really good. Because I do not need the extreme wide-angle (I have a distagon 2.8/25 ! ) very often, I didn't consider buying a better lens. The TAMRON 3.5/5-210 is more than quite OK. It is in my opinion far better than the YASHICA ZOOMS, but I hope it is worse than the ZEISS Zooms (never had one). A good and affordable lens!

I second consideration of Tamron lenses. They're among the better designed & built aftermarket lens lineups. The Adaptall mount means that there's a large pool of used lenses that will fit Contax--all you need is the Contax adaptor.

The SP series lenses are the better ones. I have a Tamron SP zoom that produces very nice slides.

--Rick

>> The SP series lenses are the better ones. I have a Tamron SP zoom that produces very nice slides.<

I like my Tamrons too. I have the SP 70-210 3.5 and the SP 17. They both work well and produce sharp images. Jeff

Thank you all for the info! (Volker, Jean-Luc, Matthias, Rick and Jeff)

I'm having a lot of fun researching these other lenses. Some of the history is fascinating. Since many of these lenses aren't expensive, it would worth tracking some down just to play with them. Could be quite a bit of fun!

The site you recommended (Matthias) had me spell-bound for ages! I will be spending a lot of time reading. VERY interesting info there. Thanks so much.

There is another site that I've been reading about (Yashica mostly). You might enjoy it if you haven't already seen it. Check here: http://www.cdegroot.com/

Thanks again. -Lynn L.

On 1/10/03 4:46 AM, Contaxinfo.com wrote: > > Posted by Matthias Brinkmann on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:41 am: > > Lynn, > > this link may be interesting for you: > > http://medfmt.8k.com/third/index.html > > Not exclusive about Contax but I liked it somehow! > > Matthias

I forgot to ask, Volker, you mentioned a Hannimex? That is the only lens I can't find when searching for info on the web. Do you know of any sites that mention anything about Hannimex? Thanks! -Lynn L.

Lynn,
I have a tamron 17mm SP and a tamron 80-200 F2.8 SP lens. Both of these deliver superb results. The 17 has lovely colour rendition and is very sharp. The Zoom is superb, especially for a zoom lens. I believe that it is supposed to be fractionally better than the 70-210 F3.5 although I have no proof of this. I really wanted it for its speed.
Regards
David

Back