DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DP1 fault

chorkie-dad

High, im new to the forum, unfortunatly i believe I have a sensor failure after just 650 actuations, can anyone advise.
When switching on, the LCD shows flashing mono, then eventually green,then striped green,magenta lines.
Then after switching on and off several times the LCd will stabilise for a few images then go erractic again
Has anyone any ideas, is it a right off already, really love the images it produced however this is the first time i have ever experienced problems with a camera.
Is there a repairer who could be recommended

High, im new to the forum, unfortunatly i believe I have a sensor failure after just 650 actuations, can anyone advise.
When switching on, the LCD shows flashing mono, then eventually green,then striped green,magenta lines.
Then after switching on and off several times the LCd will stabilise for a few images then go erractic again
Has anyone any ideas, is it a right off already, really love the images it produced however this is the first time i have ever experienced problems with a camera.
Is there a repairer who could be recommended

To be sure is a sensor failure and not a LCD one,

1. Can the camera take shots (in spite of what is being shown at the LCD screen)?.

2. If so, how does look the pictures once transferred to the PC?.

I had a Sony Cybershot that was behaving erratic at the LCD but otherwise was fine, and since it had a viewfinder I did switch off the LCD and just used it.

Regards.
Jes.

Back