DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

olympus e510

hebble

I am about to purchase the e510, having been a canon user, but due to the weight of the canon 40d, find i need to have a lighter camera. Can any user tell me of the experience they have had with this camera, and how high do they rate it, i do a lot of walking but the canon is similar to carrying a brick around, will the oly please do you think?

michael

I have an E-510 and I really like it, my previous camera was a Nikon D80 and like your Canon was also heavy. I have had mine since October and am very pleased with the results.

Sue

An E-510 is a good choice. The 520 I feel is not quite as sharp due to the stronger anti aliasing filter. Shoot RAW with a 510 and under expose by 0.3 to 0.7 and the lift the dark areas in post processing, and the blown highs are not such a problem. Feels good in the hand. I like the 410/420s also, but the 510 is more practical and is more comfprtable to hold for a long time, esp. with a bigger lens on it. A real work horse for a very reasonable amount of money. I got mine for 200 Euros, like new. Hard to beat that.

Back