DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax 167 MT lithium battery

Looks like the problem is solved, in a way, or at least the worry about having the in-camera battery replaced is now removed from our minds. A few years back I fancied a Canon T90, but saw details in a UK photo mag. that it had an internal battery, and that it could only be replaced by a camera technician. I was put off buying the T90 because I mistakenly thought that when the internal battery was dead, it would render the camera unusable. It is the same set-up as the Contax 167MT, the internal battery operates the LCD screen when there is a film in the camera, and the main batteries have been removed. The things the camera manufacturers think up to confound us mere mortals.:)

If it helps anyone else with repair needs, I took my camera to Strauss Photo-Technical Service in Washington, DC. I wish I still had the email from Tocad America with the address of the current factory authorized repair service, but I re-formatted my computer since then. I didn't feel it necessary to save that information since I wouldn't consider sending my camera out of the country for repair. I'm sure Tocad America could provide it to anyone wanting to go that route, however.

Back