DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Early this morning...

lphilpot

For some reason last night I got the shutter-button-finger itch... So I decided to head out early this morning to a small fishing / whatever lake (i.e., pond) inside a local wildlife management area about 20 minutes from home. It's not much in terms of photographic opportunities (it's in Louisiana after all) but I got there shortly before sunrise, hoping for something. These late blue hour shots were the result.

I've shot this limb-less dead trunk before, since it's about the only "focal point" on the lake. Every time I have to clone out the bottle someone stuck on one of the limb stumps... ;)

IMG_8547-social.jpg
  • Canon - EOS Rebel T8i
  • Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro
  • 48.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/2 sec
  • ISO 100

Looking back the other way, the curving shoreline caught my attention.

IMG_8558-social.jpg

This is a small pano view in the same direction.

IMG_8576-IMG_8581-social.jpg

I'm a bit late to say, nice images. So many forums and sub-forums I'm sure I miss many good contributions.
Anyway, I especially like the last "panoramic" of the lake. Well done.

Thanks to both of you. When I took these I had been home a couple of days after a trip to a more hilly / mountainous / attractive location, so I was wanted to keep on shooting. :)

Yeah, it's a troublesome condition that can cause you to set your alarm clock to ridiculous times...

Back