DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Animals - 70-200/2.8 test

vigor

Hi there everione.

As I said in previous post http://sigmauserforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3138&postcount=15 I'm now posting some pictures which I shot few days ago in local zoo. I've bought a 70-200/2.8 lens and I had to test it. I'm very pleased with the lens, it performs perfect at 2.8, but sometimes it doesn't know what to focus, it gets confused, but manual correction is fast and simple. I gues I'll have to get used to it, it shouldn't be problem because I have to do that with all my lenses sometimes. For my use its ok.

OK lets get to the pictures. As I said I gave a lens to the test, so all images are taken at 2.8 at diferent light diferent focal lenght, diferent iso, in some pictures I've used AF in some MF (MF is realy smple and fast also).

volk.jpg

slon.jpg

focus to the trunk (elephants nose)

pelikan.jpg

pelikan1.jpg

noj.jpg

gepard.jpg

this image didn't came out as good as I thought because the shot was taken trough the fence which is still visible as lack of contrast and blurines on the eye and below the mouth.

And that's it. Hope you like it. I do. And to be hones, the lens doesn't always focus well(the focus is OK, but it's soft, if you know what I mean), and some pictures are not as sharp as theese. BTW images are not sharpend extra in PS, just in SPP to 1.0 mark. But we are talking about 2.8, at f4 is sharper than knife.

Thanks

Back