Shot a roll of colour neg....

sperera

My friend had a roll of 120 format Reala in the fridge for years and I thought I'd try it out on a shoot...this is the first roll of colour I've shot since the 90s.....the whole point was to consider if colour negative would give me another artistic expression to digital and black n white film (which I restarted using last year).....the big issue always being scanning colour negatives v transparencies like Provia III...so anyway.....I'm really happy with the results and I'm learning to love the grain....some of them were scanned by the lab and some were scanned by me....differences are large but I love the look of the shots as opposed to the clinical look of digital....though not to say one's bettr than the other as usual....just vive la difference!

Attachments

Analog6

Very nice images! I love the last one, a great pose and facial expression, a la 'Mad Max' (to me, anyway).

It's always good to experiment, something can usually be learned from it (even if it's what NOT to try at home).

polarcircle

I also liked the last shot best. Shows a lot of character. Did not see that in the other shots.

Thanks for sharing.

sperera

"Shot a roll of colour neg.... "
Excellent job Stephen!
Thank you my friend...

I have to get my Hasselblad stuff over to you at some point for servicing......thing is i'm busy doing shoots with the kit as people want me to shoot film these days as well as digital!!!!!!

Just ordered myself 10 rolls of Fuji Astia; 10 rolls of Kodak Portra 160NC; 10 rolls of Kodak Ektachrome E100G and 5 rolls of Kodak Tri-X......anyone care to comment on any personal experiences, likes and dislikes of these films.....

wbulte

Just ordered myself 10 rolls of Fuji Astia; 10 rolls of Kodak Portra 160NC; 10 rolls of Kodak Ektachrome E100G and 5 rolls of Kodak Tri-X......anyone care to comment on any personal experiences, likes and dislikes of these films.....
Portra160NC is my default and beloved color negative film. Along with 400NC.

Ektachrome100G I also shot on occaision, get the exposure nailed exactly and the chromes on the light table will make you go WOW!

Never tried the others, for BW I use Delta100, Delta400, Delta3200 and Efke 25 and Efke50. The latter 2 are essentially grainless at whatever size enlargement you might think off. Tripod very recommended (or bring a desert sun :)

Wilko