DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Dust on Sensor

Chris2

My fairly new Pentax K10D has already got 2 spots of dust on the sensor. Is there a recommended way of removing this?
thanks
Chris

Hi, If you haven't done so already, go into sensor cleaning (mirror up) and use a puff from a lens cleaner. Take the brush off first and give a gentle puff or two. To check if it's clean, illuminate a piece of copier paper evenly take a shot, then look at it. It should be nice and clean.

That'll teach me not to read the manual, it is all explained nice and clearly just as you described. Now I have a nice clean sensor. I had heard from others that sensors need cleaning by experts or special tools, but for this camera it seems easy.
thanks again
Chris

Hi Chris
Glad you got it cleaned. Yeah, I've heard that to, as long as you're careful and take your time, there's no reason why you can't do it yourself, all a ploy to get you to part with your money.

Back