DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Bill - Nick a little help ?

MaxBerlin

Can you please test your 35-70 to help me understand if I have more than 1 problem with the Vario I have.

As expected with the 'infinity focus' issue I would have problems with near distance focus and how close I can get with the macro function.

However, the issue I am concerned about is the need to massively refocus when I zoom in or out. I've tested the other varios I have and most of the refocusing required is minute and probably due to human error.

With this lens it requires almost a 90 degree turn of the barrel.

Thanks

I've checked the lens against my NEX7 with Novoflex adapter that works on 20+ other c/y lenses with out any issue.

And just to be certain I checked it on a 167 MT. The 35-70 is the only one with the 'way off infinity focus' issue and the massive refocusing issue in a vario.

It's definitely isolated to the lens.

35-70 zoom problems.

Hi Max,

Max I am currently in Tokyo and the 35-70 is in Rhode Island. I've e-mailed your questions back to RI and I will try to test a 35-70 here in the Contax store.

Bill

35-70 Vario-Sonnar

Hi Max,

I got to test a couple 35-70's both on a Contax Aria and on my NEX 7.

Both focused to infinity correctly and maintained focus as they were zoomed. I tried them at infinity, close focus and four random in between distances focusing at the long end (70mm) and then zooming to a shorter focal length while keeping track of the focus. This is of course the recommended method since it is easier to focus a longer lens.

Bill

I sent mine in for repair and should have it back by end of next week. Hopefully I won't be out too much.

Good photos in Japan ? Looking forward to see them.

Back