DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Chicks from the Cypress Swamp

Blufftonian

Well, it is breeding season here and there are tons of birds on eggs or with chicks...

SD_DSC9115.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D500
  • ISO 1100

Green Heron chicks

SD_DSC9075.jpg
  • ISO 200

Snowy Egret chicks

SD_DSC9008.jpg
  • ISO 1000

Tricolored Heron chicks

Sounds like you have some thriving wildlife in your parts. It's nice to see new starts. Good captures Blufftonian.
I've got my eye on a swan at a local, on it's nest at the mo, should be due around 1st week of June. I missed it last year, see if I get lucky this year.

Sounds like you have some thriving wildlife in your parts. It's nice to see new starts. Good captures Blufftonian.
I've got my eye on a swan at a local, on it's nest at the mo, should be due around 1st week of June. I missed it last year, see if I get lucky this year.
Over the years I’ve lived in many places. From growing up in Northern England to the West Country and then the Southeast. And then on to the Southwestern US deserts, New York, Montreal, New Jersey and now happily retired with my wife in South Carolina. But I’ve never seen such profusion of wildlife as in these coastal swamps and mashes. It is all very inspirational.

Brilliant shots and excellent work from behind it all.

Danny.

Back