DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The screen of my MT167 is dead.

mulanee

The left screen is dead (partially black).
The repair shop said it doesn't make sense to repair it because the screeen is closely attached (welded?) to the harness, so to change everything it should take a full day.
Did you solve this issue already?

Hi Mulanee,
I have just repaired the screen of my 167 one month ago. The internal display was partiallly dark in my camera but the substitution of the circuit is one-made. The repairer gave me the changed circuit and the sostitution was made with a part not new but refurbished. With two hours of labour, the works cost € 120 (about $170).
Good luck.
Marco

Yes I did same operation.
Service was not good, I had to repair it by myself after getting the new screen in position.
I always get some aperture/speed bugs, some figures (always the same) are very light, same figures are dark for other aperture.
I tried to lubricate contact without success.
Any idea?

No I didn't .
I guess it will be expensive for almost nothing.
Just try to pick up this "nothing"

Back