DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

News Nanny bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a few complaints about this 'bad-mouthing'. Who bad mouthed you and what did they say?
Just read at dpreview all postings. It happened all the time.

I am wondering if it is the DPRevived people behind the blocked links rather than anyone at DPReview. DPRevived might have more members right now, but DPRForum has a much better design ... IMO
I would have to agree with that. There's too much aggressive advertising about switching from Dpreview to Dprevived, especially in the Sigma camera thread.

I registered on Dprevived, but I didn't like the design of the site and the fact that it blocks IP addresses in my region and I have to go via VPN to see what's going on there. May be because of Name Servers: DNS1(/2/3).UK2.NET
Overall I would really like to see Dprforum develop as I see great potential in it. But at first it depends primarily on the moderators and their activity (IMO).

I would have to agree with that. There's too much aggressive advertising about switching from Dpreview to Dprevived, especially in the Sigma camera thread.

I registered on Dprevived, but I didn't like the design of the site and the fact that it blocks IP addresses in my region and I have to go via VPN to see what's going on there. May be because of Name Servers: DNS1(/2/3).UK2.NET
Overall I would really like to see Dprforum develop as I see great potential in it. But at first it depends primarily on the moderators and their activity (IMO).
Well I know two on here. They are keepers, the rest I don't really know.

Danny.

Just read at dpreview all postings. It happened all the time.
Same with other sites. These kinds of situations people get partisan, it's human nature. None of the sites can regulate what its members post, and nor should they. Someone posting about their experiences is not 'bad mouthing'.

[
I have checked with UK2.net hosting and they say that the site should be available globally. We have a (temporary) proxy at dprevived.spirito.eu which should allow access if it is UK2 blocking, and if it's something else, allow us to investigate where.

Same with other sites. These kinds of situations people get partisan, it's human nature. None of the sites can regulate what its members post, and nor should they. Someone posting about their experiences is not 'bad mouthing'.
You must appreciate that there is a subtle difference Bob

The nanny bot on dpreview kills all references to dprforum.com as a 'not allowed' URL. I am now referenceing this forum as dpr forum.com which the Nanny does not recognise as a threat.

It would be a pity if this forum was denied all mention on the last gasps of dpreview.
Pretty low thing to do, as it seems.

Same with other sites. These kinds of situations people get partisan, it's human nature.
Sorry but I disagree and everybody who reads these postings will see that there is the fear that someone makes a positive posting about us.
Someone posting about their experiences is not 'bad mouthing'.

You know exactly what I mean and what and why it is happening, so please stop playing the naive guy.

This is not a thread to talk about your site, therefore please stop trying to change the subject into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back