DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from Germany!

Gentle Giant

My name is Michael, and my love affair with Zeiss and C/Y cameras actually began in the 1980s with a Yashica 108MP SLR; I didn't even know then it was one as I got it from a German mail order chain, relabeled as "REVUE AC8 Multiprogram" (to my knowledge, the 'original' Yashica 108 was never marketed in Germany). Nice camera really, never let me down. I gave it away though when I discovered Contax SLRs, starting with a 139 Quartz (and I consider it one of my most idiotic blunders that I eventually put it up for sale on Ebay). Then followed a 167 MT, and then ... the ultimate dream of any Contax aficionado ... an RTS III, which I bought from a cutthroat Ukrainian online dealer who unexpectedly charged me VAT after the deal... :angry:

In the meantime, I have extended my collection with a Contax 137MD, a G2, and a dozen Yashicas of different vintage, both SLRs and rangefinders.

Of course I considered going digital for a while, as I guess everybody does, but my Yashis and Contaxes have finally made me lose all interest in that field, and I guess I'm going to remain one of those analogue dinosaurs as long as there is film on the market. :)

cu

Michael

Back