DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Which lens for the Pentax K10D

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Hi folks,

which lens do you recommend for the Pentax K10D in the range of 16mm up to 85mm? I am looking for the one with the best image quality.

I like FFL and I do not mind, if it is manual focus
happy.gif

Sigma's 10-20mm is very highly thought of. There is a group on Flickr that has wonderful and creative photo's made with this lens.

How about the Pentax 50-200? Currently, I have a host of Sigma lenses, including the 10-20, 18-125 and 70-300, but I need a lens to complement the 18-125 when I'm shooting auto races, a lens with a longer than 125 reach, but less weight, and less reach, than the Sigma 70-300. An arthritic neck is part of the reason for the need for lower weight.

I've read and heard a lot of "should be" and "maybe is" and "someone told me" about the 50-200, probably because it is low cost. I'm truly curious to hear from a few people who have used the lens.

Back