DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

> MP? A new racket? > > Ok..Leica "ends" the M6, then comes out with a "new" all > manual camera > called the MP? Here's the website. > http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/mp/index_e.html =================================================================

Yes. It is called collecting discretionary income...

( that is the politest way I can think of saying it...{8o]

Recently I have found that the spacing on the negatives from my M-6 are not as uniform as they have been in the past. It varies from 3/8 to a 1/4 of an inch. Has anyone had a similar variance with their M-6?

wow! 3/8 to 1/4 of an inch seems like an awful lot! I measured my negs just now and it is 1/16th of an inch, no more than the space between sprocket holes. In the past when my cameras go tired the spacing got less, usually overlapping.
That's got to cut down on your number of exposures per roll? sounds like a broken camera that needs a service-good luck! : )
41631.jpg

I think this is a problem that may need attention from a repair person. Not sure if you ever noticed, but Leica M's are set so they when you cut your negatives you are never cutting through a spocket hole. My Nikons were generally all over the place. Give a call to some of the independents (see http://www.nemeng.com/leica/007e.shtml) and see what they have to say.

Jim and others, wondering if others have had disapointing experiences with leica repair. I had sent in my m6 for a major repair and while they fixed things I did not know were broke such as the rewind knob, I was disapointed in other ways. particularly that the focus knob of the canadian 50mm lens fell off a few days after it's return. Because I could not wait another six weeks I took it apart and repaired it with epoxy. I noticed it had been superglued before and as it's plastic seems more prone to breakage. According to my instructions I would think they would be on the look out for such a thing. But it is twenty years old and maybe I'm being too tight about things. Didn't mind paying the money-just wanted a dependable camera.

I sent in my new M6TTL to have the shutter trip adjusted to more of a hairtrigger response. It was tripping too low for my taste. It came back in two weeks but it was tripping when you advanced the film lever! So, off it went again. If I have non-warranty repair items in the future I'm going to give DAG a try. Lenses might be a different matter. Those I might still send to Leica.

I am not certain of this, but I think I remember someone saying that the distance between frames may vary according to the focal length of lens used for the pictures. For ex&le, rays from a wide angle lens come into the film plane with more of a slant and thus result in *slightly* wider frames and narrower distance between frames than, say, a 90 mm, when the light rays will come in more perpendicular to the plane. But 3/8 and 1/4 inch really does seem *very* wide.

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards........Julian

Dear Julian,

Generally not, however pre-72 M wide-angle lenses where the rear element is close to the film plane tend to produce a slightly bigger negative.

If there is not a regular spacing between the end of one frame and the end of the next frame using the same lens then there is something amiss with the advance mechanism.

How long since the camera has had a CLA?

Regards,

Justin

Dear Justin,

Thank you for the clarification. The camera in question is not mine. I was responding to a query from Ronald Meringer.

Regards..........Julian.....Pardon the two prior blank messages. Thought I did it right.
sad.gif

Can anyone tell if this shot was taken using Leica or Nikon. Honest opinion pls.
41650.jpg

Back