DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

UK Contax usersAVOID this UK Contax dealer

Naahh! He should be given 10 lashes - the nerve!
uhoh.gif
biggrin.gif

Hello again,

I have been a little surprised by the response to my initial post and it is clear this dealer has given plenty of help to others in the past and some of the posts are very level-headed and sensible. I would add I always also give a 'pat on the back' to any dealer with super service. I would put Ffordes in Scotland, MXV and especially Richard Caplan on this list.
However as a word of warning, all dealers are in this to make money and are not out there simply to help out us hapless buyers. They are business people pure & simple, which is to be borne in mind at all times...some are more helpful and some less, but all WANT YOUR MONEY!.
They all advertise, whether via adverts, shop displays, tv or web sites and in the UK, according to trading standards law all retailers MUST maintain adverts which are clear, accurate AND not mis-leading. If any advert shows a particular price and that price is then un-available on further investigation, then the advert is deemed to be mis-leading. This is why dealers MUST update listings, web sites etc very regularly. This is not my rule, but UK trading law.
I do not ever take as list as 'written in stone' you simply cannot, but I do not expect to be very misled by any advert.
I am glad I posted initially since this seems to have been an interesting thread, surely the point of forums!
happy snapping to all...regards Steve.

Back