DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax MAM1 adaptor for Hasselbald lens

G

Does anyone have any experience with this adaptor ? Will the electric contact on the Hasselblad CFE lens connect the Contax camera body for auto AE function ? Any addition procedure for using the Hasselblad lens on Contax 645 body ? Thanks for your advise.

Gonkgonh, no, CF and F Hasselblad lenses have to be stopped down to meter. However, the manual focus confirmation in the Contax 645 remains active to 5.6 or so.

Marc, you make an interesting point about focus confirmation, and one that I was completely unaware of.

I've used a Rodenstock Imagon lens on the Contax via the Hasselblad adaptor and couldn't figure out why the focus confirmation indicator just blinked. I guess it's because the Imagon has a maximum aperture a little less than f5.6.

When I use my manual focus Contax 120mm macro lens on the C645 body, the focus confirmation indicator also just blinks. I guess when blinks, it is in focus. I usually turn the AF switch to "M" though, even when I use AF lens. Perhaps I should turn the switch to "S" for "C".

Albert

No exactly Albert, when it blinks it is either unable to focus, or you are moving slightly.

Put the camera on a tripod and focus on a stationary object with enough contrast to focus on. The green light will go solid and stay that way when the object is in focus. I just did it with my 120/4 on the 645 to be sure.

Marc, You are right. I usually use my C645 in the studio where light are usually dim. I point the 120mm toward a bright subject, and the green light does stay.

Thanks,

Help!
I'm planning to get Contax 645 and want to use my Hasselblad lenses with the 645.
Unfortunately, however, I couldn't find the shop that sells the Hassel adapter. Where can I get that adapter?
Thanks in advance!

>=20 >=20 >=20 > Just so you know that with the combination of MAM1 and NAM1 you can use > Hasselblad lens on N cameras as well. Kaisern >=20 >=20

Back