DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax TLA 360

Has anyone tried a diffuser on the 360 and if so how were the results? If good, where did you get it? Thanks,

Colin.

Problems with bounce flash on Tla360 & C645 on Av mode.

Thanks for all your help friends.

Last week I took some pictures in a huge indoor witerfest at the Navy Pire in Chicago; with the same setup but the Tla360 pointed straight forward and got great pictures.

This time I took some picutures of my relative on 1/1/04 at a home using Tla360 & C645/80mm trying the bounce flash for the first time. I was hoping it will reduce strong shadows.

I tilted the Tla360 45 deg up using the white ceiling as bounce flash for the first time. I also, turn the switch in front of the flash to add catch eye.

Most of them were shot in Av mode mode at 2.8 & 4.0. Some pictures came out O.K. But, more than half of the time; the C645 in Av Mode slected 1/8, 1/10, 1/15 and the pictures came out blurred and under exposed.

Did anyone have problems using the bounce flash with C645 & Tla360?????

Any recomendations???
Should I try the AEL for spot metering or something???

With recomendation from Albert; I ordered a Omibounce from Adorama last week but it has not arrived yet. Wonder if it will help????

Help Please!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Steve Kim

Steve,

I don't have the TLA360 manual with me, please check and see what it says about the secondary flash. I think TTL may not work when the secondary flash is active.

I have not done a lot of bounce flash with the C645, but I went back to check some of my images with 45 degree bounce (with the Sto-Fen on), and they looked pretty good. However, the images with the same setup plus the front (secondary) flash, it casted a hard shadow and seemed to be slightly under-exposed (even the pre-flash shown over-exposed.)

You may try:
1. higher speed film,
2. use tripod if possible,
3. check the TLA360 manual to find out about the TTL mode with the front flash. If it does not support it, that's the source of the problem.

Al.

Al,

> I think TTL may not work when the > secondary flash is active.

I use the secondary flash all the time, and it gives me no indication of TTL not working...but I'll certainly check.

Regards,

Austin

Albert or anyone:

Which cord do you use, when you are using your new flash bracket; 100S or 100SS.

I am little confused by the above postings.

Is one better than the other???

It sounds like 100S only has 3 pins and it is causing problems for some people.

Does the 100ss solve the problem???

The 100ss cord costs almost twice as much; I don't want to buy it; if they are about the same.

I am leaning more toward the Stroboframe Pro-T bracket with the C645/MP-1 & Tla 360; mostly due to the weight & size of the setup.

Regards.

Steve

Steve,

The 100ss is the extension male and male cable, you will need a connector S to use it with the TLA360.

The only reason you want to use 100ss is multi flash or extension. It will not solve your problem. Contax manual (or other brand) claims that extension cord may cause inaccuracy in TTL since it may lost signal.

The only down side of the 100S is you need to set the f stop and zoom range (perhaps ISO also). Pain in the butt but still allow you to shoot TTL.

Marko:
You wrote "There is a Contax TLA Extension Cord 100SS cord that you can connect the TLA 360 to the 645 body and have full use of TLA 360 TTL functions"

Other friend in the Contax Forum wrote that Contax 100s cord only has 3
pins and does not fully communicate with tla360; such as ISO, F-Stop, & Zoom.
I am wondering if I purchase a 100SS it would be better than the 100s cord.

(1) Does your 100SS cord communicate fully with the TLA Flash
including the ISO, F-Stop, & Zoom???
(2) Does your 100SS cord connet from C645 to TLA Flash with out any
other adapters???
(3) Do you currently use one & did you have any problems???
(4) Any other complaints or comments???

I can really appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Steve Kim

Back