DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

25mm lens

Interesting. Actually I do see the difference. Even though it may be related just to the fact that 25mm is a wider angle, but it definitely gives some depth to that mountain range.

Thanks for those Sergei,
I don't know. It's interesting. Maybe the 25 does have more of Dirk's "arm through the picture" factor but I suspect that it is because there is s little more foreground in the 25 picture because of the slightly wider angle.
I think that the blow up of the 28 is slightly sharper than the 25 though, particularly the tower and the structure to its left.

Fascinating Sergei ,thanks for the shots , I see the depth , but is it due to the composition of the 25mm lens shot ?. No I think Dirk has a point about the 3D look . I am not really worried about the slightly better shareness of the 28mm .

Rainer Nagel (Rpnagel) wrote on April 27:

' 2007 - 10:18 pm,would it be possible that you post a low res scanned (velvia) slide on this thread for illustration'

Hi Rainer,

sorry but I gave up on scanning already (no time) and sold my scanner. So no possibility anymore to scan anything...

I am also sceptical, whether this 3D effect will be clearly visible in a scan compared to a slide show.

Great: I hope you enjoy it, which I am sure you will.
Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
John

GERAINT LEWIS (Geraint) wrote on April 30:

' 2007 - 12:22 pm,PS Do you not shoot film anymore Dirk '

No, unfortunately not at all anymore. The only reason is time. I just have no time anymore for a lot of stuff outside of my job and the photo-portal. Very few time for my family at the moment.

So my shooting is more or less restricted on familiy snapshots at the moment. Ny family is spreaded over 2 continents and because of this a DSLR and some P&S are saving me a lot of time incl. the convenience to send it all over the world within seconds.

But it is for sure NOT the same pleasure as looking at slides. Life is unfair...

biggrin.gif

Do not worry, I keep my analogue Contax equipment of course. And as soon as I have more time, I will use it also more. So this is not a decision to switch to digital completely. It is (unfortunatley) a break I had to make. But after that break, I will definnitely use analogue again ;)

And each time, when I take my Contax stuff in my hands, a big smile comes over my face. Forget the handling of a Canon, Nikon or Sony. Contax is real pleasure for me, digital is for me only an alternive I have to use in certain circumstances.

Yes I agree although I use Nikon D2X every day looking through the viewfinder of the Contax MA or rts is a ureka moment every time and still shoot on them for personal pictures such as family snaps . You still cannot beat getting the prints back from the lab compared to a load of pictures on the computor hard drive which never get printed . But work demands digital these days .

Actually I prefer the look of the images from my NDigital for all its problems such as slow buffer,battery usage,only usable to 100 ASA , no Raw viewing, shutter lag ,lower resolution, etc . Too scarey to use it for a job.

Back