DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CY Mount on Canon Scheider PC

stan_parry

I have a Schneider/Kreuznach PC Angulon 28/2.8 with a C/Y mount. I am thinking of having the mount changed to Canon EOS or Nikon to go digital with the Canon 30D or 5D or Nikon D200.
It will cost nearly $300.00 for convert just this one lens. Alternatively I could get a Cameraquest CY adapter for less and it would work with most Contax CZ lenses.
Question - Will the Cameraquest work well with the PC Angulon on one of the Digital SLR's

I would appreciate your coments.

Yes, it will work with the PC Angulon. So you could use your PC on a 5D with the lost of automatic aperture which means you might need to manually set the aperture.

I don't think you can use it on a Nikon though. The size of Nikon mount is so similar to C-Y that they are just incompatable.

You have an interesting lens. Schneider 28/2.8 any good ? Have you tried comparing it to other lenses such as C-Y 28 2.8 or 28 f2 ?

The trouble is that if you had it converted, you wouldn't be able to use it as C/Y which would be a shame. Unless you are going to use it a lot with digital, I would keep it as it is and use an adapter for the occasional digital use.

I would opt with the adapter as well.
Either the Cameraquest or Elephoto are very good. In fact my Cameraquest adapter has the word Elephoto rubbed out so I think they may be the same, but the Elephoto is half the price.

That way you could use it on digital (I would recommend the 5D as the best choice) or film, depending on the subject, and exploit the strengths of both.

I have been googling "elphoto" and found the Elphoto Office, but it is not clear where I can buy an Elphoto adapter. B&H and Adorama don't carry them, at least under the Elphoto name. Hong Kong? Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Stan

Thanks for the correction. When I got to the Elephoto Office website there was this warning. What has been your experience? Did you get a black or a silver chrome plating?

This is a recent quality report received from our dealers and users. Due to a unevenness layers of black paint on the surface, black painted adapter For Canon Digital cameras has a little dull appeared at infinity focusing, When shooting. Due to a highest sensitive sensor controls a focusing distance, in case Of thick layered cosmetic coating is done on the surface, Thicker painted adapter Has caused a focusing gap. Item No.2026: Contax-Yashica to EOS has changed into silver chrome plating. Anti-inner reflection has been treated inside ring.

The one I received was exactly as pictured, with the chrome centre ring.
It seems to achieve infinty focus on all my lenses.

Back