DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Some Arizona Hummingbirds

RichDitch

We live in Phoenix and have feeders out on all four sides of the house. Our most common species is Costa's Hummingbird. After a few yeas go having only Costa's we started getting Anna's as well. There have been a couple other species seen only once.

These Costa''s (purple gorget) and Anna's (red gorget) are from the yard feeding or approaching flowers in my wife's garden. All shot with a Nikon D7200 and a Nikkor 200-500/5.6.

Costa's Hummingbird by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Anna's Hummingbird by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Bonus species - Broad-billed Hummingbird, taken at Boyce Thompson Arboretum (a state park 60 miles east of Phoenix). Also D7200 and 200-500/5.6.

Broad-billed Hummingbird by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Great captures Rich.

We live in Phoenix and have feeders out on all four sides of the house. Our most common species is Costa's Hummingbird. After a few yeas go having only Costa's we started getting Anna's as well. There have been a couple other species seen only once.

These Costa''s (purple gorget) and Anna's (red gorget) are from the yard feeding or approaching flowers in my wife's garden. All shot with a Nikon D7200 and a Nikkor 200-500/5.6.

Anna's Hummingbird by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Bonus species - Broad-billed Hummingbird, taken at Boyce Thompson Arboretum (a state park 60 miles east of Phoenix). Also D7200 and 200-500/5.6.

Broad-billed Hummingbird by Richard Ditch, on Flickr
Lovely things, wonderful colors, and splendid photos, Rich! I enjoyed them.

Back