DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Oil & Gas - first roll of film ever

These are a couple of shots from my first roll of film in my new purchase - Hasselblad 500 C/M with 80mm.*

f/2.8
1/125"
Kodak Portra 160VC

Please let me know what you think and any suggestions or tips. C&C would really be welcome.

As well, I haven't done enough research and please be nice and don't tell me to do a search (I'm about to do that), but would anyone recommend a quality scanner for getting high res digital TIFF files?

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about film and finally being a Hasselblad owner.

5554554554_f5fca6e67d_z.jpg

5554554232_a5678bbf54_z.jpg

Doctor Watson I presume? :z04_nic_0075:

Welcome to the Hasselblad forum and the world of film!

As an oil man myself, I am very pleased to see these photos.....all things considered, a well deserved subject and very well presented!

An high quality, affordable scanner for you Hasselblad negatives might be something like the Epson V700/V750 or (if you can find one) a Nikon 9000ED. If you can afford one....go for the Hasselbald scanner. I would, if I could.

Gary Benson
(BP) Alaska

These are a couple of shots from my first roll of film in my new purchase - Hasselblad 500 C/M with 80mm.*

f/2.8
1/125"
Kodak Portra 160VC

Please let me know what you think and any suggestions or tips. C&C would really be welcome.

As well, I haven't done enough research and please be nice and don't tell me to do a search (I'm about to do that), but would anyone recommend a quality scanner for getting high res digital TIFF files?

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about film and finally being a Hasselblad owner.

5554554554_f5fca6e67d_z.jpg

5554554232_a5678bbf54_z.jpg

Welcome here Dr. Watson and thank you for these images.
Nice to see you use the limited dof that is outstanding with Zeiss lenses.

Epson scanners can be found for the price of a used Hasselblad lens.
The Nikon scanner offers better resolution but demands 3-4 times the amount for the Epson.
Hasselblad and former Imacon scanners are amongst the best you can find.
Only industrial drum scanners can improve the IQ of the Hasselblad scanner.
For a lot of extra cash they beat the Hasselblad scanner by a narrow margin.

Quite a few forum users are very happy with the results from their Epson scanners!

Dr Watson

Great technical pictures. I'm new to Hass as well and I invested in a V700 (I was lucky to find one second hand at half the retail price). The results thus far are excellent using Vuescan as the driver.

LouisB

Back