Hasselblad X1D - first impressions

jepp

here it is:

one of the most interesting review I read on the X1d.

kudos to Ming Thein, Singapore.

very factual , without rewriting the presentation speech we can read everywhere.

And at the end the first FILES OF THE X1D downloadable ( no the raw)

impressive...
I didn't get the M3/M4 she was talking avout ....Leica ? other MF ?
the G2 comparaison ( autofocus speed) is also something I have no idea....
somebody can help?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

francois karm, Paris

ZEISSIG

one of the most interesting review I read on the X1d.

kudos to Ming Thein, Singapore.
YES, Ming had receive the first permission from Hasselblad, to talk about the new X1D! Ming is an excellent photographer for such an advertisement! But I doubt, it is a freebee!

dirk

CI-Founder
I have here a link to a size comparison between Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm X-Pro2. Amazing how small the X1D is compared to an APS-C sized sensor camera.

I was alraedy very positive on the X1D when I handled it in July but now as we can see what is offered from others at Photokina, the X1D wins hands down if you lok for a portible, light medium format system that brings you back the fun in photography...

503CW

I love the concept of this camera, but I regret so much that it doesn't have a tilt screen.
Since years I am used to look from above into the finder (screen) and now I have to hold up the camera
to use the finder or the LCD screen.
But I am sure I'll get over that. Build quality is amazing.

dirk

CI-Founder
I love the concept of this camera, but I regret so much that it doesn't have a tilt screen.
Yes, a tilting screen would be great. But if the price for that would be to have a bulkier camera, I rather would skip the tilting screen. I uess it makes the X1D too thick. The Fuji X100 series has neither one. Must have something to do with the form factor.

The Fuji GFX is a totally different design philosophy. It is bulky already. So to add a tilting screen is not a big deal for the design...