DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from Alan in West Sussex UK

Alan Frew

I would describe myself as a passionate casual photographer. That is, most of my picture's are taken on holidays or days out with family, rather than planned, dedicated solitary excursions in search of a great picture. Within that framework I do my best to produce what I think are good images, succeeding on occasions and failing on others. I also enjoy post processing and seeing what I can squeeze out of an image started of as just a snap. As I enter retirement I am hoping that I will find time to dedicate to this craft but the main thing is that I enjoy doing it and am always looking to improve. My kit is the Fuji XT1 and assorted lenses, including my new 100-400mm which I am hoping to put to some good use in the near future.

Hi Alan,

thank you for your introduction! :z04_whip2_1:

most of my picture's are taken on holidays or days out with family

yes, same here. I have a 13 years old and 5 years old son. So this will unfortunately not change very soon for me....

I used to have the X-E1, exchanged it against a X-T1, sold that one and bought a X-Pro1. I love that camera, the rangefinder look, the OVF. But AF is not the fastest one ;)

Back