DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Please lets share any peculiar shapes or objects encountered in nature

raythentic

Being a sucker for collective threads I'm hoping for you folks to share anything peculiar (as in "out of the ordinairy") you might (or may have) encounter(ed) in nature (or in natural objects). Brand or devices, skilllevel or image-quality do not matter, it is (should be) all about the peculiarity encountered.

I'll do a first.

Last week during a bikeride I passed a tree which was 'looking at me', from different levels and different angles even. Not really ofcourse (allthough... :eek: ) but it had some distinct (natural) markings on it actually resembling eyes. After having passed it I just had to turn around, see what it was about, get a few pictures (noted the exact location as well) as the markings were so distinct I just couldnt let it pass on me.

Others may get less inspired by such peculiarities, to me it is just something really amazing encountering such artefacts.

All eyes for you
20230702_184458.jpg

20230702_184434_1.jpg

20230702_184430.jpg

Someone playing a joke or the genuine article, who's to know.

Last edited:
I always pictured this as a 60s rock and roll star -

DRIMG_0700.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
  • 180.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/160 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

More rock than roll.

This is some weird kind of fungus, encountered while exploring the less trodden paths in a forest. It almost looks like someone emptied a can of construction foam against this tree…

IMG_20220422-dprf.jpg
  • OnePlus - AC2003
  • 4.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.75
  • 1/40 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 1250

This may not be completely "unique" as trees do sometimes grow within lava fields, but this solo tree caught my eye and attention.

Tree and Lava field in the Oregon Cascade Mountain Range near the McKenzie Pass
12_0805_K5_0487.JPG
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Wow. I read on Wikipedia these are considered "edible." I don't know about that... You go first !!

Back