DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Leica R lens 2890 f28 zoom

cmdr

Hello everyone,

Regarding the new R lens 28-90 zoom, does anyone have any idea as to what this new lens will sell for?

Regards,
Dale Gee

If it is true, with that range (28-90) and max. aperture (f/2.8) it is bound to cost a small fortune, if the 35-70/2.8 is anything to go by. Also, it is likely to weigh a fair bit too.

Hallo Dale

Where did you hear of such a lens? Any links, perhaps?

Sounds like an interensting lens, by the way.

Yours,
Audun I.

... there seems to come a 28-90 zoom, but I have not heard anything about an aperture of 2.8. It is still a rumour by the way. At least I have not seen any official statements about it yet.

I find also the aperture of 2.8 very unlikely. My guess will be more in the 3.5-4.5 range. This is for most zoom users enough and it is a lot cheaper and lighter...

It will be interesting to see. Leica discontinued the 35-70 2.8R due to difficult, expensive, and slow production capability which (probably) did not make it profitable. A 28-90 2.8R would likely be more expensive! I agree with Dirk that likely a 28-90 in the 3.5-4.5 aperture range is more likely.

By the way, the 10/03 Popular Photography has tested the 21-35 R zoom, and said it is likely the best lens in this category they've tested.

Hello everyone,

Now that the new R-lens f/2.8-4.5 28-90 zoom lens will be available shortly, has anyone heard of what this lens will sell for?

Regards,
Dale Gee

Well, Mel Levy sent an email message saying that the price would be $3295...can anyone confirm that price?

Elliot

Back