DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Old lenses will they work with the D40x

P

Phot_dad

I have a Nikkor 70-210f4.0 AF lens. Will this work with the D40x. I need to know as I want to sort my daughter's cameras for her A-Level photography and I fancy getting her a F801s for wet film with a 35-70 lens and my old 70 -210 and then using the same lenses on a D40x. Will that work?

If it does not I will have to go down the Cannon route I suspect.
sad.gif

Posted by Jeremy Stadward (Phot_dad) on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:32 pm:

I have a Nikkor 70-210f4.0 AF lens. Will this work with the D40x. I need to know as I want to sort my daughter's cameras for her A-Level photography and I fancy getting her a F801s for wet film with a 35-70 lens and my old 70 -210 and then using the same lenses on a D40x. Will that work? If it does not I will have to go down the Cannon route I suspect.

Yes this lens will work on the D40x or older cameras as well. Because all of the Nikon digital cameras except the new unreleased D3 have the smaller sensors there is a magnification factor of 1.5 which really only changes the field of view in your

> The Nikkor 70-210/F4 AF lens will work work with the D40X camera > with the exception of auto-focus. You will be able to put the lens > on the camera and use the metering. However, the D40X body does > not have a built-in auto-focus motor, relying instead upon the the > lenses to have an auto-focus motor. Thus, you will only be able to > use this lens with the D40X in manual focus mode.

Hello, your lens will fit on the body, but there is no AF. I think it is better to buy a Kit D40x + lenses. Using the old lens on the D40x will give her disappointing moments. Buying a new lens later will cost you more.
Bye
Marc

Back