DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A couple party pix

Smaug

Today, we went to some friend's barbecue party in their back yard. It was a good time. I brought the Nikon Z5 and the 40 mm f/2; it was a good choice. I'm still amazed how well this camera does in the dark at ISO's over 10,000.

NIK_1791_bw.JPG
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON Z 5
  • NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 4000

The hosts had a new puppy named Maddux that stole the show. I like the girl's honest and candid smile looking down at the wiped-out puppy on her arm.

NIK_1797_bw.JPG
  • NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 11400

A worn-out girl laying on the trampoline, lit solely by fairy lights.

NIK_1800_bw.JPG
  • NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 12800

I was a little sad to see her alone in Phone Zombie Mode when this great party was in progress. Will this generation realize what they missed because they grew up with smartphones and no boundaries?

NIK_1783.JPG
  • NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 110

Interesting quadruple trail on the airborne beanbag in this one

NIK_1795.JPG
  • NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 8000

A moment around the fire. My wife is in the middle.

Hmm, I just noticed the shutter speed displayed in the EXIF data is incorrect. They were not 10/5000 sec. (1/500) More like 1/50.

Great set- and the Z5 is an amazing camera.
Looks like we were doing cook-outs in parallel. Used my Leica M8 for it. The Z5 has a 300/4.5 on it, waiting for the Doe and her Fawn to come around again.

Back