DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

which dslr can replace my aria

nofocus

Hi guys, (read and girls)

I don't know exactly where to post,so here it"ll be..

I want to make a restart photographing and as -I'm sure- a lot of you guy's would like to use my zeiss lenses on a dslr.

As I'm out the cameraworld, i will just ask simpel questions:

I want a camera with just basic specs, very important is the respons in time. If I click.. it must shoot, not half a second later!!

I saw Leitax makes adapters for Nikon, but it needs to much little fingerwork (for me) with chip-glueing, things like that..

There are several adapters on ebay for canon, but I read some are bad and some are worse.

Which one would be satisfying and which body (of canon?) would be that too?

tx for reply

P.s there is a topic about sdlr with N-mount but not for C/Y-mount....strange!

Edit..I saw Leitax also offers an adaptor for canon, and I could let them do the chip-glueing!
http://www.leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lenses-for-Canon-cameras.html

As I only use the planar 50 1.7 and the distagon 28 2.8....do I actually need that chip? And do I need the mount with narrow diameter?

If so I only need to know what is a simpel but good body for me to replace my aria (from which I'll never seperate; we have too many memory's all over the world)

Hi nofocus,

Leitax can also convert the C/Y to an M42 mount. He did that for me. Thanks to this, you can use the old c/y lenses on 5 different lens mounts at the same time via a cheap China M42 adapter:

- Fuji X System
- Canon System
- Sony/Minolta System
- Olympus System
- Pentax System

Only Nikon does not work with M42 lenses

Of course you can also your C/Y lenses without a conversion on every mirrorless system with an adapter.

Best wishes

Back