DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

There was not many discussion about M6 classic.
No TTL, totally rely on your control and immagination. It's a real classic!!. Your comment is appreciated.

Has anyone had problems with rangefinder patch flaring? I know of some fixes - small ND filters that minimise flare, but i thought up of another solution. why not get a white LED to light up the white window? It would eliminate flaring forever
(yes, it would be battery dependent and would ruin the elegant contours) and you would have constant illumination. I am trying to make one myself, but are there any commercial products that do this?

Hi,
Is there anyone who know where I could get a M6 Leica Red Logo for replacement?

Hi, I only got my new M6 TTL a few days ago. I had a M6 about 10 years ago and since tha time I had, and still have some Nikons.

I just tried a Nikon flash on the Leica and it seems that it works fine.

Any experiences?

Wilhelm

Carefull with some of those Nikon SB's on the M6 TTL, may be too much power for the M.

Vincent,

Re: M6 Leica Red Logo

Ask Leica. They gave me one some years ago to replace the one that fell off the M6 (since sold).

Regards,

Justin

Hi William,

The Nikon SB flash units happen to have the same pin configuration as the M6TTL, M7 and the R cameras, which is why you can use the Nikon SC-17 TTL cord for off-camera flash with a Leica. However, Nikon SB flashguns and Leica cameras are NOT compatible! Problems reported by people who have tried using Nikon SB flash with Leica M6TTL include overheating of the camera and rapid drain of its batteries.

HI, Justin,
Is the Red Logo free of charge? As I sent a mail to Leica Germany, and they forward the mail to the Japan Leica Distributor,(as I located in Japan), they ask me to send the camera to them for replacemnet and cost me about $USD20 for the red logo... I just don`t want to send my camera to them, as they said it takes 10 days..ohh my god, why can`t they send me the logo and I do it myself.

Dear Vincent,

Leica had their own repair station in Australia until about seven years ago. The service man very kindly gave me one which I glued on my M6.

Try TS@leica-camera.com and address your question to Gerald Wagner.

Sincerely,

Justin

I've been tempted by the M7...
The first one I've had was eating batteries (a set every two rolls) and the DX coding never worked. It was substituted by Leica assistance, with another one, which red leds were noisingly reflecting into the viewfinder.
So I've left the temptation and changed it with a second M6ttl body, a 0.58 for my beloved wide lenses. As my first M6ttl 0.72, it works perfectly and is a wonderfull tool for landscape photography. Expecially, since I use a separate light meter for incident light, I can forget batteries... And my M6 still works.
Only my two cents,
Stefano.

Back