DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

arrrgh

T

Tmlee

My favorite Zuiko 16/3.5FE rear element looks like theres 'water' in there... I think cement debonding .....

Any advice welcomed

rgds
TMLee

Probably your best bet is John Hermanson's Camtech (www.zuiko.com) - I have no personal experience but I've read often that he is the guy to see for repairs to everything Olympus OM. Otherwise you could try it yourself (I've also read - but have no personal experience - that Canada Balsam is a suitable bonding agent for lens elements... but the fisheye is probably worth too much to be playing around with it like that!) >

" ... rear element looks like theres 'water' in there... "

I strongly thing, it may be "condensation" of the water from the air which stays inside the Lens. I would wait to a while, before of turning for a repair-man.

Place the Lens inside a paper-pouch, next an air-drier; to a couple of days.

How such a "water" shows, drop or haze ?
If there is an huge drop, force it to slide toward the borders of the glass; by turning and placing the Objectiv on the position due: the drop should slide away, hour after hour slowly.
After of that only, place the Lens next the air-drier; We want to avoid, the drop leaves any haze, once dried.

Anton

Back