DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Erratic waves

Gloomy1

A pleasant day sitting on a Northern Spanish beach facing the Bay of Biscay. Every so often an offshore wave would rear up, crest and break. Ken
_DSC8602.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D810
  • 70.0-200.0 mm f/4.0
  • 120.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • Spot
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 64

A beautiful image, and an artistic rendition. Really nice work Ken.

I've tried for years to capture just the waves, as you've done, and still need to keep trying... :) This is probably the best I've managed so far, but I think I need to dust off the telephoto (I tend to avoid long lenes probably because I don't like carrying them). Your image convinces me it's worth a try. Again...

13_0117_K5_0613.JPG
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Pentax K5, DA60mmLtd, f/9, 1/1000, ISO200

Both of these are excellent. They both show the use of 3 in the composition which engages the viewer longer and increases their involvement with the images.
Rod

A beautiful image, and an artistic rendition. Really nice work Ken.

I've tried for years to capture just the waves, as you've done, and still need to keep trying... :) This is probably the best I've managed so far, but I think I need to dust off the telephoto (I tend to avoid long lenes probably because I don't like carrying them). Your image convinces me it's worth a try. Again...

View attachment 10408
Pentax K5, DA60mmLtd, f/9, 1/1000, ISO200
Thank you RBIV

Love both those images. Actually going the the Maritime provinces soon and you’ve both inspired me to try for some wave photos.
peace

Back