DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New kid in town ...

Sobul1960

Hi all good friends - as a "newbie" not yet shooting with Sigma (Nikon system user currently ...) I would like to greet all of you and I'll be very interested in "old" used Sigma gear. Living in Sydney Aussie (20 years, before in Czech even more...) it will not be easy to acquire stuff from US/Canada so please if any australian connections let me know. Thanks.
Lubos Melicharek
For your info ... in "good old days" using Practica, Pentacon, Zenith, Pentax, Yashica and plenty of "cheap" P&S. Then 90s Olympus OM2n and OM10 ... Digital age arrived ... sold all Olympus gear (3bodies, 4lenses, flash etc.) keeping only F50 + 18-70AF for still those "right moments". Bought D70 + 18-135/70-300/SB400 and later OlySP565UZ, DimageF300, OptioS6.
Absolutely GOBSMACKED when first saw pictures from Foveon (Carl of course...) and read Mike Chaney... Cut "lifestory" short - instead of updating to 5D MkI (money wasted?) Sigma convinced. Finally something resembling old times with Kodachrome slides (and of course East German slides which all of us from East used in 70s/80s before Velvia). Beautiful ! I understand limits etc. BUT still ... Advise from all you "oldies" - keep Nikon gear and "add-on" or better off "switch" ? Can only dream about D700, MarkII5D, Leica9 or SD1. Option only "couple of hundred $" requires SD9/10 or SD14 plus lenses (do not have any EF Canon or Sigma SA and DX "unusable" I know...). We'll see. Thank you again for listening.

Back