DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Canon F1

I think that when she gets to know the camera, owning and using and enjoying a precision instrument such as the FTb will outweigh any negative ideas she may ever have about weight.
happy.gif

<font face="arial,helvetica">You think the FTb is heavy? Try carrying around a Pentax 67 w/between the lens shutter,flash bracket w/flash for a wedding assignement. Very tireing!!!! Anything for a large negative.

That's a fair point
happy.gif
; but it does wonders for the muscles in the arms, shoulders and back.

Is it me? Have you noticed,that this whole forum site does not seem to be very active. I see "last post" dates in 2005,and 2004. What's the story with that?<font face="arial,helvetica">

In my experience, forums' activity run from the down-right-inactive to the hyper-active, and all points between. For a forum to be successful for what it is, IMHO, it has to be used by its members; there has to be proactively with some effort and self discipline. After all, a forum is its contributors.

(oops, I think we're going off-topic).

For years I only USED M------ and N----...! About 4 years ago I decided to start accumulating and using Canon.

I have both the Ftb and the F1...both are fabulous cameras IMO. The Ftb is great for a novice to start out on, and hopefully continue its use in years to come. As a pro-model, the F1...gosh...I just can't say enough about it...so simply...GREEEAAAATTTT...!!!! Of course much heavier than the Ftb.

Opps...I lied...I have the FT which is the predecesser of the Ftb...very similar and as good a camera.

I do not think anyone can go wrong with any of the three.

Ron in Kalamazoo, MI USA

I started with a Canon FT (a very expensive purchase for my father) while in high school and attended Photo Expo '71 held at McCormick Place in Chicago. I saw the Canon F-1 system introduced there and was hooked! WOW motor drive, finders, 250 film chamber, and large collection of open metering lenses. This was it - what other advances could ever be made? It works without a battery, it tough and dependable. I later used the F-1n and loved it even more.

Back