DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The Digital Switch

I thought I was a died-in-the-wool film user, loved my Olympus OM4ti and Hasselblad 500c/m, developed my own film etc.etc. But last year, I also bought a Sony DS717 to carry around, and discovered that the photos I could take of my wife at work (she's a jazz musician), with a dedicated flash, were much simpler and annoyingly good (quality terms, not necessarily my photos). So, on receiving a tax rebate, I bought a 20D. I went for this one rather than the 350, mainly because of the 3200ASA setting, with taking photos at jazz gigs without flash in mind. And I have to agree with one of the posters above, it is the best camera ever. With Photoshop and a decent printer, it's a new world altogether.

Back